Technical training centre (TTC) at PLW imparts training to apprentices, trainee SSEs/JEs (through training centres at STC/JHS, STC/LKO, IRIEEN, IRISET, CITA/CNB etc.). Various training and refresher courses for PLW staff and staff from other Railways are also carried out throughout the year as per yearly training calendar. Trainings on First-Aid, Industrial Safety, Fire fighting are also being conducted for PLW staff.
In addition to above, Knowledge Centre on CNC machines is setup in TTC to impart trainings on operation and maintenance aspects of CNC machines for staff from PLW and other Railways also.
Following infrastructural facilities are available at TTC:
1. Class Rooms - 07 : Seating Capacity-200 (approx.)
2. Seminar Hall : Seating Capacity-100
3. Multi Media Projectors : 06
Mechatronics lab is equipped with:
- Basic pneumatic trainer, electro-pneumatic trainer and hydraulic trainer for understanding the working of valves.
- Simulator for virtually displaying preparation and fitment of Crank Shaft, assembly of Water Pump, tappet clearance & phasing.
- Virtual trainer for welding to provide basic training of CO2 welding to trainees and also to improve the skill of welders.
- Electrical and Electronic lab equipped with: basic training infrastructure for electricians.
5. CNC Knowledge centre:
- One CNC training lathe
- Virtual CNC training system
- One old CNC Milling centre (under commissioning)
Training Course Contents
1. CNC M/c Maintainence Course
2. CNC M/c Programming Course
3. Trouble Shooting guide for CNC Machines
4. FAQs on CNC M/c